David Chang, MD, presents a case of posterior capsule rupture in which one half of the soft nucleus is still remaining. A sheet glide acts as an artificial posterior capsule to retain fragments in the anterior chamber. The Visco-Trap technique uses generous amounts of a dispersive OVD in the anterior chamber to trap fragments of lens material during anterior vitrectomy.
7,548 video views since 5/21/2010.
99,896 total series views.
- Introduction to Volume XXV: Issue 2
- Vitreous Management in Cataract Surgery
- Essential Surgical Techniques for Vitrectomy
- Vitrectomy Pearls After Capsule Tears
- The Dry Vitrectomy
- Pars Plana Vitreous Tap in Crowded Eye
- Staining the Vitreous
- Understanding the Dropped Nucleus
- Saving the Day: Hema Lifeboat
- Optic Capture Techniques