Episode 11: Keratoprosthesis
by Anthony J. Aldave, MD, Christopher Starr MD
Keratoprosthesis expert Anthony Aldave, MD, talks about his recent research findings showing that patients with the most severe stem cell deficiency had better visual outcomes than patients with normal stem cell function.
The reasons for the surprising results include patient age, treatment history, and incidence of pre-existing glaucoma. He also discusses the management of epithelial defect.
2,906 video views since 12/2/2011.
84,280 total series views.
- Episode 24: Capsulorhexis Discussion and Dealing with Capsular Rupture Duri…
- Episode 23: LVC Screening and Avoiding Post-LASIK Ectasia
- Episode 22: Intraoperative Floppy Iris Syndrome
- Episode 21: Premium Services: Are Conversion Rates Different Between Men an…
- Episode 20: iStent Discussion and Recent Data on IOP Reduction with Catarac…
- Episode 19: Solutions for Post-PRK Recovery
- Episode 18: Marking the Steep Axis for Precise Astigmatism Correction Durin…
- Episode 17: Light-Adjustable Lenses
- Episode 16: Retrospective Study of Cataract Surgery for Elderly Patients
- Episode 15: Femtosecond Laser Penetrating Keratoplasty Performed with a Zig…
- Episode 14: Amniotic Membrane's Role in Pterygium Surgery
- Episode 13: Femtosecond Laser Usage in Cataract Surgery
- Episode 12: Evaluation of the Tecnis Multifocal and Crystalens Accommodatin…
- Episode 11: Keratoprosthesis
- Episode 10: Visual Outcomes for Mild/Moderate Glaucoma Receiving Presbyopic…
- Episode 9: Comparison of Endoserter and Forcep Techniques for DSAEK
- Episode 8: Evaluation of Phaco Settings Using MICS Technology
- Episode 7: Comparison of Accuracy of Posterior Surface Corneal Imaging
- Episode 6: Using a Dispersive OVD Inside a Clear Corneal Incision to Seal I…
- Episode 5: New Accommodating IOLs and Contrast Sensitivity
- Episode 4: Femtosecond-Assisted Astigmatic Keratotomy
- Episode 3: Ocular Surface and Cataract Surgery Patients
- Episode 2: Phacotechnology and Incision Size
- Episode 1: Premium IOLs