Bryn Mawr Communications LLC, 1008 Upper Gulph Road, Wayne, PA, 19087, USA ("Bryn Mawr Communications LLC," "we," "us" or "our”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit this website (the "Site") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect: (i) on the Site and (ii) in email and other electronic messages between you and the Site.
It does not apply to information collected by: (i) us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries) or (ii) any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Site.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Site, register for the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Site, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number ("personal information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Site and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies; and/or
- from third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through the Site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Site, posting material or requesting information or services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete to improve the Site or our services.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Site. You may be required to provide financial information for such transactions.
- Your search queries on the Site.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Site, or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain contributions to registered users of the site, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions.
Information We Collect through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Site, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services ("Behavioral Tracking").
The information we collect automatically includes personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on the Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present the Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Site or any services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Site.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you via email or other means about programs, goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, you may write us an email explaining your intent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, an option to be omitted from future email distributions will be included in such promotional email. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates. Affiliates are those with common ownership.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Bryn Mawr Communications LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about the Site’s users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have knowingly opted in to these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- For other purposes with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply the Site’s Terms and Conditions and other agreement between us and you, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Bryn Mawr Communications LLC, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. We do not share personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties without consent. Some content may require you to provide personal information to a third-party in order to gain access, however you will be notified of this requirement at which time you may accept or deny these terms.
- Promotional Emails. By registering to use the Site, you authorize, agree and consent to receive, enewsletters, invitations to live and/or digital events, marketing, advertising, promotional or other commercial materials ("Promotional Materials") from Bryn Mawr Communications LLC, its affiliates and third-parties by email or other means of communication. Such materials may contain promotional content about pharmaceutical products and ophthalmic devices. You will receive no more than two third party emails and six emails promoting Bryn Mawr Communications LLC, content per day. If you do not wish to have your contact information used to receive promotional materials, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, an option to be omitted from future email distributions will be included in such promotional email.
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose to not have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Site, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other users of the Site. Proper access and use of information provided on the Site, including User Contributions, is governed by the Site’s Terms and Conditions.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telephone Number: 484-581-1800
Last revised: 3 December 2015